1. VERY poor discipline early on in the day. Held U5 o/r 10 lots against for 6 ticks, and then did a revenge average by adding another 20 lots! Booked everything 1 tick below. Day stop.
Counting Friday, this was day stops in 2 continuous sessions.
1. Regaining some cool and making back everything in gross.
Markets have changed. A lot.
In the mean time, my trading style has not changed as much as it should. The slower I change, the more opportunities I lose.
1. Booking losses with discipline
1. Scratching spreads a little too often; wasting round turns. Need to better gauge the right time to take position.
BUT on the other hand, fills are also not so easy to get.
2. Trading randomly. Need to make trading cleaner by focusing on particular strategies; like say quickly getting in and out & thus building specific flies through spreads.
3. ^^Thus scale up.
4. Taking short position in front 6-month fly; without a plan. Spiked against by 6 ticks.
Note: When whites are crashing, this fly is a LONG.
5. LIBOR increased by 0.4 bps – quite a magnitude given recent LIBOR fixings. One spike to the downside HAD to happen. Didn’t take the right entry for that trade.
1. Traded very patiently, with high in and outs (mostly spreads -> half tick) and recovered (at least in gross) what I lost yesterday. Very GOOD for confidence.
1. Lost 3-4 chances before I actually started taking half-tick out of my positions. Should hold the discipline of booking profit at least with partial lots.